How to enrol with a local doctor? 

Healthcare sometimes uses words that people are not familiar with, so just so there is no confusion you should know that the term General Practitioner is the name for a doctor who takes care of all your healthcare needs outside of hospital. The places they work is called a general practice, otherwise known as your local doctor. 

When you have decided which general practice you would like to enrol with it is a good idea to call them to check if they are open to new patients and how you can enrol. Some practices have enrolment information on their practice website. You can also find out the eligibility criteria for publicly funded health services here

When you enrol/register you will need to provide identification that confirms your identity and residency status. 

If you are changing general practices, your medical records will be transferred to your new practice upon completion of enrolment forms.