In 2015 there were six successful recipients of The ProCare Charitable Foundation's inaugural grant funding programme. The Foundation received close to 40 applications for grants. The six registered charities were awarded combined funding of more than $250,000.
The Well Foundation's new mobile health clinic is now on the road providing healthcare to children and families in need across the Waitemata region.
The Men’s Health Trust NZ launched a website full of information and real life stories on men’s health and wellbeing - menshealthnz.org.nz.
Children’s Autism Foundation increases overall services to meet a growing demand for quality support services.
Anxiety New Zealand Trust project promotes supportive relationships between health providers and the community, to encourage earlier access to mental health support.
Summary of recipients
• Anxiety New Zealand: community education programme for Maori and Pacific in lower socio-economic areas
• Stroke Foundation NZ: Pacific Stroke Prevention Programme
• Starship Foundation: health promotion resources to improve skin health and infections for children living in deprived areas
• Well Foundation: mobile health clinic to deliver services to children at risk in Rodney and Waitakere
• Children’s Autism Foundation: direct services and programmes for families of autistic children living in hardship
• Men’s Health Trust: education programme and resources for men’s health.